Car Accident Lawyers Los Angeles - Car accidents can be devastating events. The debilitating injuries, expensive medical bills, and emotional difficulties a victim may face after a car collision can change the trajectory of their life-all because of one mistake from a negligent driver. Your rights deserve to be protected, not threatened. And in the wake of a terrible car crash, you’ll need a legal advocate who will fight tooth and nail for the recovery you need.
How Does a Car Accident Claim Work?
When a person is injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, it’s their legal right to file a car accident claim. A car accident claim allows victims to pursue the financial compensation they are owed for any losses they may have suffered after the accident. To get started with your car accident claim, you’ll typically need to contact a Los Angeles car accident attorney with the following information:
- The name, contact, and insurance information of the driver who hit you
- The date, time, and location the car accident occurred
- Photos and videos of any property damage, the accident scene, and any visible injuries
- A copy of the official accident report from the police
After you’ve collected all of this information, your next step should be to contact an experienced car accident lawyer. Your car accident lawyer will help you adhere to crucial deadlines regarding your claim. Additionally, they’ll handle all communications with the at-fault driver’s insurance provider. With their help, they may be able to negotiate and get you the maximum possible amount in damages you are owed.
What Damages Are You Eligible to Collect From a Car Accident Claim?
When filing a car accident claim, you may be eligible to collect financial compensation for your losses in the form of damages. The damages you may be eligible to collect include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Car accident victims may collect damages for physical, emotional, or psychological injuries they have suffered due to another person’s negligence. Car accident claims are handled on a case-by-case basis, meaning that there’s no specific amount in compensation that a victim should expect to collect. Accident lawyers in Los Angeles say the amount a person is compensated will depend on the specific details of their claim.
Is it worth hiring a car accident attorney in Los Angeles?
Hiring a car accident attorney in Los Angeles can be worth it if you have been involved in a serious accident and are considering pursuing a claim for compensation. A car accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.
There are several benefits to hiring a car accident attorney in Los Angeles:
- Expertise: A car accident attorney has the knowledge and experience to handle your case effectively. They can help you understand your rights and options, and can advise you on the best course of action.
- Negotiation skills: A car accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance company or the other party's lawyer to try to reach a settlement that is fair to you.
- Legal representation: A car accident attorney can represent you in court and advocate for your interests. They can help you build a strong case and present it effectively to maximize your chances of success.
- Peace of mind: Hiring a car accident attorney can provide you with peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced advocate on your side.
How long do you have to report a car accident in California?
In California, you generally have 24 hours to report a car accident to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) if the accident resulted in injuries or fatalities, or if the damage to any vehicle or property exceeds $1,000.
If you are involved in an accident that meets these criteria, you should call the CHP to report the accident as soon as possible. The CHP will dispatch an officer to the scene of the accident to investigate and file a report.
If the accident did not result in injuries or fatalities and the damage to any vehicle or property was less than $1,000, you are not required to report the accident to the CHP. However, it is still a good idea to exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver and to report the accident to your insurance company.
It is important to note that failing to report an accident as required by law can result in criminal penalties, including fines and imprisonment. Therefore, it is important to understand and follow the reporting requirements after an accident.
When Should You Call a Lawyer in the Case of a Car Accident?
It is generally a good idea to call a lawyer after a car accident if you are considering pursuing a claim for compensation, or if you have any concerns about your legal rights or obligations.
There are several situations in which you may want to call a lawyer after a car accident:
- You sustained serious injuries: If you sustained serious injuries in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and options and can advise you on the best course of action.
- The other party is disputing fault: If the other party involved in the accident is disputing fault or denying liability, a lawyer can help you gather and present evidence to support your claim.
- The insurance company is not offering a fair settlement: If the insurance company is not offering a fair settlement, a lawyer can help you negotiate for a better offer or take legal action to seek damages.
- You are unsure of your rights: If you are unsure of your rights or are overwhelmed by the legal process, a lawyer can provide guidance and representation to help you protect your interests.
It is important to act promptly after a car accident, as there are often time limits for pursuing a claim for compensation. A lawyer can help you understand these time limits and ensure that you take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
What do you need to know after a car accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are several things that you should do to protect your rights and gather important information:
- Seek medical attention: If you or anyone else involved in the accident has sustained injuries, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, it is important to get checked out by a medical professional to ensure that you are not experiencing any underlying injuries or conditions.
- Call the police: If the accident resulted in injuries or fatalities, or if the damage to any vehicle or property exceeds $1,000, you should call the police to report the accident. The police will investigate the accident and file a report, which can be useful in establishing fault and seeking compensation.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver. Be sure to get their name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Document the scene: If possible, take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles and any visible injuries. You should also write down the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Notify your insurance company: You should report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Be sure to provide them with all relevant information, including the police report and any documentation of damages or injuries.
- Consult with a lawyer: If you are considering pursuing a claim for compensation, it is a good idea to consult with a car accident lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and options and can advise you on the best course of action.
What can a car accident lawyer do for you?
A car accident lawyer can assist you in a variety of ways if you have been involved in a car accident:
- Investigate the accident: A lawyer can gather and review evidence, such as police reports and witness statements, to determine the cause of the accident and establish fault.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company or the other party's lawyer to try to reach a settlement that is fair to you.
- Represent you in court: If the matter cannot be resolved through settlement negotiations, a lawyer can represent you in court and advocate for your interests.
- Help you understand your rights: A lawyer can explain your legal rights and options to you and advise you on the best course of action.
- Provide guidance through the legal process: A lawyer can guide you through the legal process and handle the various tasks and paperwork involved in pursuing a claim for compensation.
Overall, a car accident lawyer can provide valuable support and representation if you have been involved in a car accident and are considering pursuing a claim for compensation.
Best Car Accident Lawyers Los Angeles
- Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates, PC
- Law Offices of Haleh Shekarchian
- Arash Law
- COMPASS LAW GROUP, LLP
- DAG Law Firm
- DTLA Law Group
- Eldessouky Law
- Farar & Lewis LLP
- Farzam Law Firm
- Fisher & Talwar
- JT Legal Group
- Kash Legal
- Knoll Law Group
- Law Offices of Brian Breiter
- Law Offices of C. Ray Carlson
- Law Offices of David Azizi
- Law Offices of Jacob Emrani
- Law Offices of Jennie Levin, P.C.
- Levin & Nalbandyan, LLP
- Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
- Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
- Madison Law Group
- McNicholas & McNicholas LLP
- MKP Law Group LLP
- Parhami Law Group
- Salamati Law Firm
- SAW LAW GROUP LLP
- Shouse Law Group
- The L.A. Law Firm
- The Omofoma Law Firm
- Vaziri Law Group